Bella Should Have Dumped Edward: Controversial Views on the Twilight Series
About the Project
Around Fall 2009 I was contacted by Ulysses Press, a publishing company in Berkeley, California. They wanted me to write a Twilight fan debate book similar to MuggleNet's Harry Potter Should Have Died. I came up with around 30 questions for the fans and had you guys comment/email in your responses. Then I compiled them into a book along with my own opinions. Bella Should Have Dumped Edward was released in June 2010.
- Is Bella a strong, independent girl, or is she is a "blank canvas" that needs to rely on a man?
- Are Bella's relationships with Edward and Jacob abusive and controlling or are they healthy?
- What makes the Twilight Saga different from other vampire novels of our time?
- If you could be any Twilight character who would you be?
- Who is the best character in the Twilight Saga?
- Which Twilight Saga book is the best?
- Which Twilight Saga book is the worst?
- Which movie was a more accurate representation of the book: Twilight or New Moon?
- Should Summit Entertainment have recast Rachelle Lefevre under the given circumstances?
- Which Twilight Saga movie character is most accurately cast?
- Which Twilight Saga movie character is least accurately cast?
- Which character's story would make the most interesting prequel?
- Which character's story would make the most interesting sequel?
- Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf?
- Which vampire special talent is the most useful?
- Should Jacob have imprinted on Renesmee?
- Is Bella's transition from Phoenix to Forks too unrealistic?
- Would Bella have been better off in Phoenix or in Forks?
- Is Charlie Swan a good dad?
- Did Bella do the right thing when she gave up her happiness and moved to Forks so Renee could travel with Phil?
- What is one major downfall of the series?
- What is the best thing about The Twilight Saga?
- Should Bella have ended up with Edward or Jacob?
- Should Breaking Dawn have ended with a fight?
- What would've happened if Bella was a vampire and Edward was the human?
- Should Bella have been transformed into a vampire?
- What if Bella picked Jacob over Edward? Would the series be as intriguing?
- Which event in The Twilight Saga was the most surprising?
- Are the comparisons between The Twilight Saga the Harry Potter series fair and justified or misguided?
- Is there a significance to imprinting or is it just plain creepy?
- Is Jacob Black better pre-transformation or post-transformation?