BellaAndEdward.com's Book: "Bella Should Have Dumped Edward"
Controversial Views on the Twilight Series
Order: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Borders
Some Basic Info
Title: Bella Should Have Dumped Edward: Controversial Views on the Twilight Series
Author: Michelle Pan
Release Date: June/July 2010
A Little Note: Just because the title of the book is "Bella Should Have Dumped Edward" doesn't mean I agree with the statement! I am, in fact, Team Edward all the way! We decided to go with the title because we thought it would draw readers in, and it worked, didn't it? You were probably just about ready to come and strangle me! Also, many of you have complained that the title is too similar to MuggleNet's Harry Potter Should Have Died. Just to clarify, the two books are published by the same publishing company, Ulysses Press, and they wanted a title that was similar to their previous book.
About the Project
Around Fall 2009 we were contacted by Ulysses Press, a publishing company in Berkeley, California. They wanted us to write a Twilight fan debate book simialar to MuggleNet's Harry Potter Should Have Died. Basically we come up with around 40 questions for the fans and have you guys comment/email in your responses to these questions. Then we compile them into a book along with our own opinions. (I say "we" as in BellaAndEdward.com, but really I (Michelle) am the only one working on the project. Jenny and Robin may help out here and there).
- Is Bella a strong, independent girl, or is she is a "blank canvas" that needs to rely on a man?
- Are Bella's relationships with Edward and Jacob abusive and controlling or are they healthy?
- What makes the Twilight Saga different from other vampire novels of our time?
- If you could be any Twilight character who would you be?
- Who is the best character in the Twilight Saga?
- Which Twilight Saga book is the best?
- Which Twilight Saga book is the worst?
- Which movie was a more accurate representation of the book: Twilight or New Moon?
- Should Summit Entertainment have recast Rachelle Lefevre under the given circumstances?
- Which Twilight Saga movie character is most accurately cast?
- Which Twilight Saga movie character is least accurately cast?
- Which character's story would make the most interesting prequel?
- Which character's story would make the most interesting sequel?
- Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf?
- Which vampire special talent is the most useful?
- Should Jacob have imprinted on Renesmee?
- Is Bella's transition from Phoenix to Forks too unrealistic?
- Would Bella have been better off in Phoenix or in Forks?
- Is Charlie Swan a good dad?
- Did Bella do the right thing when she gave up her happiness and moved to Forks so Renee could travel with Phil?
- What is one major downfall of the series?
- What is the best thing about The Twilight Saga?
- Should Bella have ended up with Edward or Jacob?
- Should Breaking Dawn have ended with a fight?
- What would've happened if Bella was a vampire and Edward was the human?
- Should Bella have been transformed into a vampire?
- What if Bella picked Jacob over Edward? Would the series be as intriguing?
- Which event in The Twilight Saga was the most surprising?
- Are the comparisons between The Twilight Saga the Harry Potter series fair and justified or misguided?
- Is there a significance to imprinting or is it just plain creepy?
- Is Jacob Black better pre-transformation or post-transformation?
Easy! I need TONS of fan comments and opinions on all of the topics listed above. Look through the question list, pick out questions you feel strongly about (there's no limit, do as many as you like). Then write your own response taking one side of the issue. For example, if you pick "Is Bella a strong, independent girl, or is she is a 'blank canvas' that needs to rely on a man?" you could argue that Bella is an independent girl because (your reason here). I am looking for well thought out and lengthy answers so don't send me something that is only one or two sentences. Please put some time and effort into this if you want to be featured in the book. Here are some basic rules:
- Please no "chatspeak"! Your responses don't have to be English class essay material but please, please, please don't write like you would on a message board. Remember, this is going into a book so capitalize the first word of every sentence and use spell check before you submit!
- Every response should incorporate your viewpoint on one of the questions listed above as well as why you hold that specific belief. Please make it as in-depth as you can, around 200 words per response (more is definitely welcome).
- There is no limit to how many responses you can send in.
- Please have all of your responses in before January 31, 2010.
- Obviously, not all of the responses I get will end up in the book, I will pick and choose.
- You (and your parent if you are under 18) will be asked to sign an agreement if your work is chosen to be in the book. The agreement basically says you allow us to publish your comment. Please make sure you are okay with this!
- When submitting make sure to include your first name, where you live (state/province and country), and your age. This will also be included in the book.
- Anyone living on the face of this earth can enter, no matter where you live!